Six-Month-Old and His Parents Killed in Israeli Strike on Gaza, Six Children Orphaned
In the early hours of Sunday, an Israeli strike hit an apartment in the Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza, as Israel continues to disregard the ceasefire agreement. It killed Mohammad Abu Mallouh, his wife Alaa Zaqlan, and their six-month-old son, Osama. Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in Deir el-Balah received the three bodies. Around ten others were wounded. The Israeli military did not immediately comment.
There was no warning. The family had been asleep in their own home. Osama’s uncle said they found them cut to pieces. His grandmother said the strike left six young girls behind, sisters now without a mother, a father, a baby brother.
Osama was six months old. He is one of at least 850 Palestinians killed since the ceasefire took effect on October 11, one of the most violent ceasefires in history. The innocent child is one of more than 72,700 killed since October 2023. The ceasefire has been broken some 2,400 times by Israeli air, artillery and gunfire. For Osama Abu Mallouh, for his sisters, and for the rest of Gaza, it never held.


